Santosha...

Santosha - the sanskrit word for contentment - reflects our firm belief that we have all we need inside to live a happy, fulfilled life. Our retreats, whether our adventures take us inward or outward, help you to unearth that joyful capacity deep within you and learn to excavate it in any circumstance. Take a break, give yourself some space, breathe deep, move freely and explore with us!

Thursday, December 18, 2014

Sometimes it's hard to be in the moment...

It takes practice to cultivate a moment to moment awareness, at least for humans!  My dogs seem pretty good at it.  But even they have times when its hard - Kiki always knows (and lets us know) when its almost 6pm because that's dinner time and she definitely looks forward to that.  Those are, for sure, the hardest times to be in the moment; those times when you are really looking forward to something.

I'm having a little bit of hard time staying in the moment right now as we enter, not just the holidays, but countdown to 2 great retreats.  In just 2 weeks, I will be heading to Truth or Consequences for one of my favorite events, the Breathe New Life Into Your Life Annual Retreat.  Always such amazing people having such amazing practices there - I feel so lucky to be a part of it!  And in just 3 months, I will be in the middle our our Maui Retreat - Ocean's Breath - finding new adventures with new friends and old.  I am really excited
that we will be exploring bliss as the theme of this retreat.  The setting is obviously blissful :-)  But bringing the wave-like motion of the breath to the center of my attention is something I truly find blissful.  Blissful, in part, because it really helps me to stay in the moment - waves/breaths come and go, no two are ever alike, each is an experience completely its own.  You can't hold on to just one breath, it can't last forever.  And who knows what the next one will bring...  So much of life is like this.  It can be easy to miss with all the anticipation of what's next.  Coming back to my breath is my constant reminder to come back to each moment and really, truly be present.

Sometimes it's hard to be in the moment... and then I remember to breathe.... and I feel the bliss...

Breathe deep, breathe well, be deep, be well...

Marisa


No comments:

Post a Comment